Friday, January 9, 2015

[BOOK REVIEW] Marked - P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

cover of the book Marked by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast

NO SPOILERS



So this is my first book review, and I'm here to tell you about Marked, by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast, which is the first book of the House of Night series, and it tells the story of Zoey Montgomery Redbird in the initiation of her vampire life.

I confess I have already read the first five books of the series, but since it was a while ago, I'm re-reading it, for my entertainment and to also bring you a "fresher" view of the book.

Zoey progresses a lot in this first book, going from a teenager who had a certain prejudice about vampires, to a chosen one by Nyx, the vampire goddess, to save the world from something that it's about to happen - which is not revealed in this book.

Since she is a 16 year old girl, the book allows teenagers to identify themselves with the situations Zoey goes through - hopefully not with the blood thirst though. And, maybe with less seriousness and a little more fun, even readers that are more mature can appreciate the story.

In this book vampires are a little different. Some cliche are left behind and some are changed, and it has its story mixed with some of the Cherokee's (Native American tribe indigenous to the Southeastern United States) history. Also, vampires coexist with humans.

Since I've read 4 more books, I can tell you that the story does change, the plot isn't very "still", which is something that might bother and even bore some people because of its complication, but I still recommend it, I think it's a really well written book with a unique story that has the power to draw you in once you've started it.
It's a love it or hate it kind of book, just go and see what you think about it!

---

If there's a book you guys would like me to review, please let me know.
If you've already read this one and I wrote something incorrect about it, let me know as well.

Until the next review, xo 

Related Posts

[BOOK REVIEW] Marked - P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
4/ 5
Oleh