Friday, January 9, 2015

[MOVIE REVIEW] Lucy (2014)

NO SPOILERS


So today I'm here to review the new well,from 2014 Scarlett Johansson movie called Lucy.

Here's the trailer :


Now, this movie is not for everyone. It will not please a lot of people. At first it just looks like an awsome woman who gets superpowers and kicks everyones ass, and that's not exactly accurate.

Basically, Lucy (Scarlett Johansson) is used as a drug mule, and have a package inserted inside of her stomach. She gets beaten up, and the package opens inside of her putting her in direct contact with the drug. This drug is basically a synthetic CPH4, which is naturally produced during pregnancy to accelerate brain activation. Since she is exposed to a lot of that, her brain capacity starts to expand - the human brain works at 10% of it's full potential - until it reaches, by the end of the movie, 100%.

I found this movie to be incredibly interesting, but you've got to like these kind of plots, that has you thinking on your own about what the facts there presented actually means.

So I understand why a lot of people were not happy with how this movie turned out to be, just because most of us thought it would be way different - more "superficial". And that is what I thought at first as well, but I ended up loving it even more, for going beyond that.

I wouldn't recommend this to everyone, because, like I said, it gets you interpreting the entire time. Some might find it to be interesting, while others, offensive. What I can say is that if you like movies like that, you will like this one. Maybe not as much as I did, but still. Lets not forget Scarlett, who makes the movie half amazing just for being in it. :)

---

If there's any movie you would like me to check out, please let know.
If you want to know when a new review is coming up, make sure to subscribe to the email feed on the right side of the page and to follow me on Google+.

See you on the next review, xo 

Related Posts

[MOVIE REVIEW] Lucy (2014)
4/ 5
Oleh