Thursday, January 15, 2015

[MOVIE REVIEW] Before I Go To Sleep (2014)

Cover of the movie Before I Go To Sleep 2014
NO SPOILERS




So I wanted to review a movie this time, and I chose a recent-ish one, because there's not much point to reviewing movies like Titanic and Twilight - yes, two very very different movies, but I'm guessing everyone knows those two, lol.

With that said, I'll be reviewing Before I Go to Sleep, a mystery thriller film based on S.J. Watson's novel with the same title. Unfortunately I haven't read the book so I can't do a comparison for you guys.

If you haven't read the book and likes to be surprised about a movie, I advice you not to watch the trailer, because it is a MAJOR spoiler. But if you don't want to hear me then go right ahead, no resentments just a little :



The movie is about a woman called Christine Lucas, who wakes up every morning without knowing anything about her current life. And everyday her husband, Ben, tells her that she had an accident ten years ago and has been suffering from amnesia ever since.

Every morning Christine gets a call from a neurologist who's helping her, without her husband's knowledge, to figure out what really happened, since she is the only one who knows.

This movie reminds me of a dark version of 50 First Dates, which makes me love it even more.

Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth are really amazing actors and I think they were just perfect for this story. They have you believing in them the entire time.

Like I said, I haven't read the book so I don't know how that goes, but I felt like the movie deserved a better ending - even though I still did shed a few tears.

I can't say much more without spoiling the movie for you, so I'll leave you with that. I would recommend it because it has an amazing cast and the plot is good, but I have the feeling that the novel is probably better, and I'll be checking that out soon maybe because it made me very curious.

---

If you have a movie, book or tv show you want me to check it out, please let me know.
Leave a comment if you have suggestions, compliments or complaints. Your opinion is really important to me.

Thank you and I'll see in my next review, xo 

Related Posts

[MOVIE REVIEW] Before I Go To Sleep (2014)
4/ 5
Oleh