Friday, January 9, 2015

[TV SHOW REVIEW] Lost Girl - Showcase


MINOR SPOILERS


I was just watching this tv show called Lost Girl, and I thought why not make a review on it since it is one of my favorite tv shows?

So, Lost Girl is a supernatural drama about a, well, lost girl named Bo, who comes to find out that she belongs to a world hidden from humans: the Fae world.

             
The Faes are supernatural creatures, such as shapeshifters, sirens, valkyries, oracles and etc., and they are divided into Light Fae and Dark Fae. Now, the Light Fae aren't necessarily good nor the Dark Fae are necessarily bad, although they tend and enjoy doing mean things just for the heck of it to be less considerate about others


Basically the story begins with Bo becoming friends with a human girl named Kenzi (Mackenzie Malikov) and finding out that she is a succubus - a creature that feeds from life energy (chi) of others, usually during sexual encounters -, and that, just like her, there are a lot of other creatures who don't fit in in the human world. When that happens, she is given a choice: she either joins the Light or the Dark.

She eventually chooses neither, and gets to be known as the unaligned succubus.

The show is currently in its 5th season and it is an amazing show. The cast is captivating and Anna Silk does an incredible job portraying Bo.

A lot has already happened so far, but the episodes are still always interesting and feels "natural" - by that I mean that the story doesn't feel dragged out, like it should've already ended.

So if you're into the supernatural genre and likes a sassy humor, you are going to enjoy this tv show. Oh, and also, you have to be ok with sexual content, since Bo has a very, very big appetite for every kind of person. ;)

---

I hope I helped you decide if you want or do not want to check this out.
If you want me to do a review on a tv show you want to watch but aren't so sure if it's worth it, please let me know.
Make sure to subcribe to my email feed and follow me on Google+ to be notified about my next review!

Until the next review, xo 

Related Posts

[TV SHOW REVIEW] Lost Girl - Showcase
4/ 5
Oleh